REC OUTDOOR (16hr)
Our 16 hour REC Outdoor First Aid Course will provide you with the practical skills to effectively manage a casualty in an outdoor environment where help is more than 2 hours away. It really is the industry standard course and is the first choice course for many instructors and other outdoor professionals. It is also recognised by many National Governing Body organisations such as British Canoeing and Mountain Training.
We will provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to deal with first aid emergencies in a systematic way through instruction and hands on
The course covers the following topics:
- Being Safe - best practice including prevention of cross-infection.
- Vital Signs - temperature, colour, pulse, breathing, level of consciousness.
- Incident Handling - a systematic approach to problem solving & decision making.
- Unconsciousness - managing the unconscious casualty to ensure a safe airway.
- CPR & Choking - dealing with the non breathing casualty including drowning.
- Wounds & Bleeding - dealing with external & internal bleeding and shock.
- Major Injuries - treating head, spine, chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries - to muscles & joints including dislocations.
- Monitoring - Casualty Cards & monitoring plus hand over to rescue services.
- Remote Issues - improvisation techniques when you have nothing else available.
- Cold and Heat - dealing with hypothermia, hyperthermia and burns.
- Medical Emergencies - angina, heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, bites, stings and anaphylaxis.
- First Aid Regulations - some awareness including first aid kits.
Candidates are assessed by ongoing practical assessment by the tutor throughout the course and a short multi choice question paper.
Successful completion of the course leads to a Rescue Emergency Care (REC) in Emergency First Aid For The Outdoors, which is valid for three years. It is also possible to dual certificate course so that candidates also receive an Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certificate which meets the requirements to become a workplace First Aider.
Course Dates & Costs
These courses are run on demand so please contact us to discuss your requirements so that we can give you a completive price.