REC OUTDOOR FIRST AID (8hr)
This one day course will provide you with the basic life support skills for working in an outdoor environment. The course is recognised by British Canoeing and is also suitable for the Mountain Training indoor climbing and coaching awards.
We will provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to deal with first aid emergencies in a systematic way through instruction and hands on practical scenarios. The course covers the following topics.
- Being Safe – best practice including prevention of cross-infection.
- Vital Signs – temperature, colour, pulse, breathing, level of consciousness.
- Incident Handling – a systematic approach to problem solving & decision making.
- Unconsciousness – managing the unconscious casualty to ensure a safe airway.
- CPR & Choking – dealing with the non-breathing casualty including drowning.
- Wounds & Bleeding – dealing with external & internal bleeding and shock.
- Environmental Injuries – how to deal with cold / hot injuries.
- Monitoring – Casualty Cards & monitoring plus hand over to rescue services.
Candidates are assessed by ongoing practical assessment by the tutor throughout the course and a short multi choice question paper.
Successful completion of the course leads to a Rescue Emergency Care (REC) in Outdoor First Aid For The Outdoors (8hrs), which is valid for three years.
Course Dates & Costs
These courses are run on demand so please contact us to discuss your requirements so that we can give you a completive price.