QNUK LEVEL 3 AWARD IN EMERGENCY
PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID (RQF)
This is a regulated 6 hour course that is suitable for anyone working in an early years setting where they will be supporting first aiders that have the 2 day Paediatric First Aid Course. It is a popular course for newly qualified early years staff and is perfect for new parents, grandparents or carers.
The course will help you to administer first aid to a baby or child in your setting or at home and will cover the following.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking.
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding.
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock.
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries.
To download the learner guide for this course then please click here.
Candidates are assessed by summative practical assessments by the tutor throughout the course and a short multi choice question paper.
This will be through QNUK who are an Awarding Organisation (AO) regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and CCEA Regulation in Northern Ireland.
Successful completion of the course leads to a QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF), which is valid for three years.
Course Dates & Costs
These courses are run on demand so please contact us to discuss your requirements so that we can give you a completive price.