Training Course Details
Course Fee – £195
Our three day, fun and informative Hill & Moorland Leader training courses are based in and around the Shropshire area and are non-residential. The course fee includes course materials and expert tuition from passionate, friendly and professional instructors.
The program will normally follow this format, but changes may be made to make the best use of venues and weather conditions. On day one please ensure you have a day bag packed and ready to go. This should include food and water for the day as we will lunch on the hill.
|Hill and Moorland,
|2||Leader Equipment||Environmental knowledge Access
|Hazards and Emergency Procedures||Debriefs|
Finish 5 pm
We will aim to finish by 5pm on the final day to allow time for people to travel home.
You will need the following items as a minimum for the course:
- Walking boots – waterproof with good tread and ankle support.
- Personal hill/mountain clothing sufficient for 3 days
- A small day rucksack 20-40 litre
- Watch (with a digital stopwatch) not just a phone
- A compass (Silva type 4 or similar)
- 1:25000 map of the area (ideally laminated)
N.B. A full kit list will be provided when you book your course.