Prerequisites & Registration
The prerequisites for the Expedition Skills Module are as follows:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You should have at least a year’s worth of experience of hill walking.
- You should have an interest in leading groups in the hills.
- You must have recorded a minimum of 20 Quality Hill Days (ideally on DLOG) which can have taken place at any point (pre- or post-registration).
- You must be a member of a mountaineering council: BMC, Mountaineering Scotland or Mountaineering Ireland (you can join one when you register if you’re not already a member).
If you can tick all of the above boxes, here’s what to do next:
- Create an account on our Candidate Management System or log in if you already have one; and
- Register for the Hill and Moorland Leader scheme (this costs £45). If you would like to discuss further, then please get in touch or there are a series of FAQ’s on the Mountain Training Website.