Training Course Details
Course Fee – £150
Our two- day Expedition Skills Module course is based in Shropshire. It covers all aspects of the syllabus as set out in the handbook and will be delivered by our friendly, passionate and professional instructors who have many years of expedition experience.
The program will normally follow this format, but changes may be made to make the best use of venues and weather conditions.
|1||Start 9am Introductions||Teaching & Navigation Teaching Camp Craft||Personal Camp Craft|
|2||Legal Responsibilities||Remote Supervision||Debriefs|
We will aim to finish by 5pm on the final day to allow time for people to travel home.
You will need the following items as a minimum for the course:
- Walking boots – waterproof with good tread and ankle support.
- Personal hill/mountain clothing sufficient for 2 days.
- A small day rucksack 40-60 litre.
- Watch (with a digital stopwatch) not just a phone.
- A compass (Silva type 4 or similar).
- 1:25000 OS map of the area (Maps should be laminated or in a small map case).
- Tent and personal sleeping equipment (if you also have group tents please bring one along).
- Stove, food and drink.
- Expedition pack.
N.B. A full kit list will be provided when you book your course.